WINDY CITY PERFORMS
Chicago's fastest growing professional theatre & performing arts conservatory
Windy City Performs invites applications for Teaching Artist Interns who want to build their resume, gain valuable, real-life experience, and possibly work with us a professional teaching artists in the future.
We are specifically recruiting for after-school programs all around NW Chicago.
Our model of bringing our teachers-directors and production elements right into the schools is dynamic and exciting for teachers, parents and students. We are currently serving over 1200 students in the schools around NW Chicago this year. We consistently have schools on a waiting list to bring a program to their school.
Teaching Interns duties may include some or all of the following:
- Attending teacher trainings
- Participating in the administration of programs - functions like attendance
- Assisting the teachers with supervision
- Leading games, activities, skill-building
- Rehearsing scenes, working on lines, character development, choreography, or other aspects of the students' preparation for their show.
- Helping with backstage or production functions - costumes, lights, props, etc.
- Other functions as needed
Interns are generally early college age, or recent high school grads with a passion for theatre education, and an intention to make teaching part of their career. All interns must pass a criminal background check.
This is an unpaid internship, but we do provide an expense stipend of $150 per semester to help with transportation during the program.