PRAISE BAND WORSHIP DIRECTOR
First Presbyterian Church of Evanston seeks a Part-time Director of the Praise Band to plan and coordinate the music in the context of blended and contemporary styles of corporate worship.
Position reports directly to the Director of Worship & Music.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In consultation with the Director of Worship & Music coordinate the worship music for the contemporary service and lead the choir and praise band on contemporary praise songs during the blended service.
- Rehearse the Praise band to prepare for worship services.
- Maintain effective communication with Director of Worship and Music and the praise band members.
- Select praise songs. Selections should represent the breadth of Christian music available in style, culture, and time period.
- Lead praise band in weekly Sunday services and rehearsals, develop the team spiritually through spiritual activities, recruit and evaluate technical abilities, and administrate tasks related to this ministry area.
- Maintain effective communication with Audio/Visual Coordinator regarding audio and media components for weekly Sunday services.
- Communicate with Administrative Associate regarding Audio/Visual needs.
Departmental responsibilities include:
- Plan and execute all service elements in weekly contemporary service.
- Supervise, assist in recruiting volunteer musicians and worship leaders for services.
- Oversee copyright compliance.
Enhance the worship music program through:
- Music research and selection with Choir Director and Organist.
- Identify, attend, or create with others, as appropriate, seminars and conferences on worship leadership.
Complete additional duties and responsibilities as requested by Director of Worship & Music as well as other miscellaneous tasks/projects.
EDUCATION, Qualifications & Qualities:
- A mature relationship with Jesus Christ and evidence of strong spiritual leadership ability is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music or a related major is desired, or a combination of education and experience.
- Strong administrative, organizational, relational and communication skills.
- Ability to embrace a service of combined classical/traditional and contemporary music.
- Experience in paid or volunteer work within a church setting is highly desirable.
- Experience with piano/keyboard desired.
- Ability to rehearse and lead a contemporary worship band (including vocalists) is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suites (required); proficiency with Planning Center, ProPresenter, and Finale are highly desirable.
This is a non-exempt position. Generous compensation package offered.
If interested, please send a resume to email@example.com attn: Eleanor Ehresman. For more information about First Presbyterian Church and to see a complete job description, please go to our website at www.firstpresevanston.org.